Twitter Facebook Flickr

Fort Wilkins


Fort Wilkins

Fort Wilkins Historic State Park, in the northern Keweenaw Peninsula, offers camping and day use facilities and features a restored 1844 army military outpost and one of the first lighthouses on Lake Superior built in 1866. Fort Wilkins became a State Park in 1923. Extensive restoration work and development began in the 1930s under the Work Project Administration.

Dates and Hours

Fort Wilkins: open daily, 8:30 A.M. – dusk, from May 15 to October 17.

Copper Harbor Lighthouse: open daily (weather permitting), 10 A.M. – 6 P.M., from May 29 to September 6.

Admission

Admission to Fort Wilkins and the Copper Harbor Lighthouse is free. A Michigan State Parks motor-vehicle permit is required for entry to the park. There is a charge for boat rides to and from the Copper Harbor Lighthouse.

Directions


View Fort Wilkins in a larger map

Contact Us

Telephone: (906) 289-4215