Find results with:
What if I cannot visit the Archives of Michigan?
Archives of Michigan staff members preform fee-based research services for a limited number of records. You can find a list of these records below. Each is linked to our online store where you can purchase research and copies.
Appeals Court Records
Circuit Court Records
If you do not wish to use our online store, you can submit a research request by mail. All research requests must be prepaid. You can determine the cost for research services on our online store. Mailed requests should be sent to the address below and the check should be made payable to the Michigan History Foundation.
Archives of Michigan
P. O. Box 30740
Lansing, Michigan 48909
If you are interested in records outside the scope of in our research services, you may need to hire an local researcher. You can access of list of local researchers below or through the Association of Professional Genealogists.
The Archives of Michigan assumes no responsibility for the work of outside researchers, but simply offers their names as a public service.
- 5 x 7: $15.00 per print
- 8 x 10: $20.00 per print
- 11 x 14: $25.00 per print
- 16 x 20: $30.00 per print
- 20 x 24: $35.00 per print
- 24 x 36: $40.00 per print
- Custom sizes larger than 24 x 36: Call for quote.
- Digital File (must be sent directly to publisher): $20.00 100 dpi; $25.00 600 dpi
- Rush Service: additional 20% charge on order total.
All use fees are for one time use. The Archives does not license images in perpetuity.
- Media Use (Web, Broadcast, Documentary, Motion Picture): $25.00 per image
- Non-Profit Use (with 501c3 documentation): $20.00 per image
- Private Publications or Design: $35.00 per image
- Commercial, Merchandising, Publishers: $100.00 per image
The Archives of Michigan reserves the right to deny the reproduction of any of its holdings due to preservation concerns for a particular item. Each type of reproduction has its own set of policies and procedures. Fees are subject to change.
Search Our Catalog:
How to search Death Records:
You can search for death records by using the “Advanced Search” button in the top right corner of any page.
- Click the “Advanced Search” button in top right corner of screen.
- Select field you wish to search, such as “Given Name,” from “All Fields” drop down menu.
- Type name, county, or year into blank box.
- Click “Search” button.