Find results with:
Manistee County Clerk
415 Third Street (Government Center)
Manistee, MI 49660
Genealogy Research Hours: Monday – Friday, 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Identification Requirements: Drivers License
- Birth: $13 (first page), $5.00 (each additional purchased same day)
- Death: $13 (first page), $5.00 (each additional purchased same day)
$2.00 (if marriage is after 1950; pre-1950 is $13.00).
- Marriage: $13 (first page), $2.00 (if marriage is after 1950; pre-1950 is $13.00)
- Waiver of 3-day waiting period for marriage license is $50.00.
Other Copy Fees:
- Copies of documents not certified: $.50 per page; fax copy: $2.00 per page.
- FOIA Requests: $.50 per page plus postage and the employee’s time (based on the lowest hourly wage in office).f
- DD214: Free
- Search Fee: $5.00 per name
- Naturalization Records: $2.00 per page.
- Vital Records Search via mail: $15.00 per name, non-refundable, includes certified copy if found.
Comments: Very limited space allows for four genealogists at one time. Children are not allowed. All records are brought out to the counter by Clerk’s staff. Only certified copies are available for records prior to 1950.
Births: 1867 to present. Birth records must be at least 110 years old. Clerk’s staff are the only people who can search birth records. A $5.00 search fee per name is charged for any research done by the Clerk’s staff.
Deaths: 1867 to present
Marriages: 1867 to present
Divorces: Actual court documents: 1950 to present; copies of Liber pages only are available before 1950.
Circuit Court Criminal Records: 1867 to present
Other: Naturalization papers.
Other: For additional local and state government records with potential genealogical value, see the Archival Circulars for records maintained at the Archives of Michigan.