Find results with:
The Seeking Michigan site owned and operated by the Michigan History Foundation and provided as a public service to the citizens of Michigan and customers throughout the world. The use of the content, images and logos on the Seeking Michigan site on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
Some of the materials on the site, for example the death certificate images, may be saved on any single personal computer for personal, non-commercial use only. All copyrighted material and other means of proprietary or copyright identification must be kept intact and unmodified. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for purposes not granted by the Foundation is a violation of Seeking Michigan’s copyright and other proprietary rights.
Links to Other Sites
Seeking Michigan provides links to other organizations through this website. These links are provided for additional information as a service to our customers. In providing these links, Seeking Michigan does not endorse the content, products, services or viewpoints expressed by these external sites. Once you leave Seeking Michigan’s website and link to an external site, the Seeking Michigan Internet policies no longer apply and you will be subject to the new site’s policies.
Government & Educational Units
Seeking Michigan provides links to other federal, state, and local governmental units that provide additional services and information that users of Seeking Michigan’s site may find of interest. Links are also provided to educational institutions including K-12 school districts, intermediate school districts (ISDs), community colleges, and universities.
Seeking Michigan provides links to private organizations if these organizations offer services that complement the information or services offered by Seeking Michigan. The determination of whether to establish links to a private organization’s website is made on a case-by-case basis.
Seeking Michigan provides links to non-profit organizations that users of Seeking Michigan’s site may find of interest. The determination of whether to establish links to non-profit organizations is made on a case-by-case basis.
Linking to Seeking Michigan
Linking to the Seeking Michigan site is permitted under limited conditions. If you link to this site, you may not portray any person or subject in a false or misleading light. You must also refrain from creating frames, or using other visual altering tools, around the Seeking Michigan pages. Lastly, you may not imply that the Foundation is endorsing your product or services. For easier linking, you may download the following icon and use it for linking to the homepage of the Seeking Michigan website.
Logo Use for the Michigan Civil War Sesquicentennial
- The logo may be used by any Michigan not-for-profit organization in conjunction with projects, programs or events that are open to the general public and commemorate Michigan and the American Civil War.
- It may not be used by for-profit organizations without the express permission of the Michigan Historical Commission.
- Non-profit and for-profit organizations wishing to use the logo on items offered for sale to the pubic must obtain a signed license to do so from the Michigan Historical Commission. Licensing fees will be used to support the commemoration of the American Civil War.
- The Michigan Historical Commission reserves the right to prohibit any use of the logo that it deems inappropriate.
The logo may be used in black or a dark blue that matches Pantone 287C.
The logo may not be used at a size less that 1.5 inches in width. Download the logo. The Michigan Historical Commission reserves the right to prohibit any use of the logo that it deems inappropriate.
Search Our Catalog:
How to search Death Records:
You can search for death records by using the “Advanced Search” button in the top right corner of any page.
- Click the “Advanced Search” button in top right corner of screen.
- Select field you wish to search, such as “Given Name,” from “All Fields” drop down menu.
- Type name, county, or year into blank box.
- Click “Search” button.